Sunday, June 18, 2023

Fathers Day, 2023


  1. Joshua 1:1-9, 3:7  God choosing a man to Lead
  2. I will not leave you or forsake you (the promise)
    • John 14:15-20, 
      • The Helper will be with you forever
      • I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you 
  1. Be strong and courageous (the protection)
  2. Meditate on this Book of the Law day and night (the message)
  3. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (the call)
  4. Today I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. (We need God to exalt us before the people we lead, our wives and our kids, our co workers and our neighbors)


Jeremiah 1:6-8   3 stages of being a steward of God

  1. The Calling (surrender to it)
  2. The Message (depend on it)
  3. The Protection (trust in it)


Exodus 4:10-12, 13-17 Qualifying the Called not Calling the Qualified

Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, I am slow of speech and tongue

1 Cor. 2:1-5



An Angel came to Mary

Luke 1:27-38, 


Joseph

Matt. 1:16- 25 (Part 1) Accepting Christ

  1. Being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly
  2. As he considered these thing, behold an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream
  3. Do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit
  4. She will bear a son and you shall call his name Jesus “for he will save his people from their sins”
  5. When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord command him
  6. He took his wife, but knew her not until she had given birth to a son
  7. And he called His name Jesus


Luke 2:1-7 (Part 2) Leaving Home

  1. In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered
  2. This was the first registration when quirkiness was governor of Syria
  3. And all went to be registered, each to his own town
  4. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David to be registered with Mary
  5. While they were they, the time came for her to give birth


Matt. 2:13-15 (Part 3) Retreat to Egypt

  1. An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said “Rise, take the child and His mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you, for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy Him. 
  2. And he rose and took the child and His mother by night and departed to Egypt and remained there until the death of Herod


Matt. 2:19-23  (Part 4) Returning Home

  1. When Herod died, behold an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying “Rise, take the child and His mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the child’s life are dead”
  2. And he rose and took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel
  3. But when he heard that Archelus was reigning over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there
  4. Being warned in a dream he withdrew to the district of Galilee, and he went and lived in a city called Nazareth
  5. So that what was spoke by the prophets might be fulfilled that he would be called a Nazarene


John 12:27-28 The Heavenly Father

  1. Now is my soul troubled
  2. And what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour?
  3. But for this purpose I have come to this hour.
  4. Father, glorify your name
  5. I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again 


Eph 5:22-33, Fatherly Advice

Know the position God has called you to

Love your wife 

And Love your Kids

  1. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body
  2. Husbands, love your wife’s, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
  3. Husbands should love their wives as their own bodies, He who loves his wife loves himself, for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church
  4. Let each one of you love his wife as himself
  5. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger
  6. But bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment