Sunday, March 5, 2023

John 9:1-41 (Part 1)

 9.1

  1. John 9:1-7, The Healing of the Man Born Blind
    1. Bad Theology , (1-2)
    2. Good Theology ,  (3-5)
    3. Sent him to Obey His command, (6-7)
  2. John 9:8-14, The Neighbors Response
    1. Neighbors divided on if he is the blind man, (8-9)
    2. How did He open your eyes? (He made a command to me and I obeyed it) (10-11)
    3. Where is He? (12-14)
      1. I don’t know 
      2. They brought him to the Pharisees 
      3. It was on the Sabbath

9.2

  1. John 9:15-17, Pharisees 1st interview of the Man Born Blind
    1. How did you receive your sight?(15)
      1. This man is not from God, for He does not keep the Sabbath, (16)
      2. How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?
      3. There was a division among them
    2. What do you say about Him? (17)
  2. John 9:18-23, Pharisees interview of the parents of the Man Born Blind
    1. Jews called his parents (18)
    2. Was your son born blind? How does he now see?(19)
    3. He was born blind but how he sees we do not know (20)
    4. We do not know who opened his eyes, he is of age ask him? (21)
    5. If anyone should confess Jesus to be Christ, he was to be put out of the synagogue (22)

9.3

    1. John 9:24-34, Pharisees 2nd interview with the Man Born Blind

    Called man for the second time

      1. Give glory to God, We know that this man is a sinner (24-26)
        1. I do not know if he is a sinner
        2. But what I do know is “I was blind, now I see.”
        3. What did He do to open you eyes?
      2. Do you also want to become His disciple? (27-29)
        1. We are Moses disciples, we know God has spoken to Moses
        2. But as for this man we do not know where He comes from
      3. This is an amazing thing! You do not know where He comes from (30-34)
        1. We know God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will
        2. Never since the world began has it been heard
        3. If this man was not from God, He could do nothing
      4. You were born in utter sin and would teach us?
        1. They cast him out

9.4

  1. John 9:35-38, Jesus final words to the Man Born Blind
    1. Jesus found him after he was cast out (35)
    2. Do you believe in the Son of Man? (36-38)
      1. Who is he?
      2. It is I who is speaking to you
      3. I believe
  2. John 9:39-41, Jesus final words to the Pharisees 
    1. For Judgement I came into this world (39)
      1. Those who do not see may see
      2. Those who see may become blind
    2. Are we blind? (40-41)
      1. If you were blind you would have no guilt
      2. But now that you say, “we see” your guilt remains
Notes:

Seven Signs

1-Water to Wine (John 2:1-11)

2-Healing the Royal Official’s Son (John 4:46-54)

3-Healing the Paralytic at the Pool (John 5:1-18)

4-Feeding the 5000 (John 6:1-14)

5-Walking on Water (John 6:15-25)

6-Healing a man born blind (John 9:1-41)

7-Raising Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-46)


Seven “I am” Statements

1-I am the Bread of Life (John 6:35)

2-I am the Light of the World (John 8:12)

3-I am the Door (John 10:9)

4-I am the Good Shepherd (John 10:11, 14)

5-I am the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25)

6-I am the Way and the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)

7-I am the Vine (John 15:1,5) 

No comments:

Post a Comment