Thursday, March 16, 2023

John 10:22-42 (Part 2)

10.3, I and the Father are One


(How does one believe?)
  1. Setting the Scene (22-23)
      1. What is the Feast of Dedication?(22)
      2. What time of the year is it held?
      3. When was it originated?
      4. What is the colonnade of Solomon?(23)

  1. How Long will You keep us in Suspense? (24-25)
      1. If you are the Christ tell us plainly. (24)
      2. I told you and you do not believe (25)
        1. My works
        2. And a ear to hear

(The Value of Belief in Christ)

  1. The Reason you do not Believe (26-27)
    1. You are not among my sheep (26)
      1. (Why?)
    2. My sheep hear my voice (27)
      1. (Ears to hear)
    3. I know them
      1. (Personal Relationship)
    4. They follow me
      1. (Obedience)


  1. Security and Assurance in Christ (28-30)
    1. I give them eternal life and they will never perish (28)
    2. No one will snatch them out of my hand 
    3. No one can snatch them out of my Father's hand (29)
    4. I and the Father are One (30)


(Religious Disagreements)

  1. Being a Man, You are making Yourself God, (31-36)
    1. Picked up stones again to stone Him (31)
    2. For what Good work are you going to stone me?(32)
      1. It is not for a good work, but blasphemy (33)
      2. You being a man are making yourself God
      3. It is written (34)
        1. “You are gods” whom the word of God came (Ps. 86:2)(35)
        2. “I am the Son of God” the One Who the Father consecrated and sent into the world (36)
          1. Scripture can not be broken


  1. The Works I do can Guide you to the Truth, (37-39)
    1. If I am not doing the works of my Father don’t believe Me (37)
    2. But if I do at least believe the works (38)
    3. So that you can at least know that I am from the Father revealing His ways to you
      1. They sought to arrest Him but He escaped their hands (39)

(Responding Abroad)

  1. And Many Believed Him there, (40-42)
    1. Went to the place where John had been baptizing at first (40)
    2. John did no sign but everything he said about the Man was true (41)
    3. And many believed Him there (42)



  • Clear signs
  • Bold statements 
  • Dismantled traditional theological arguments 
  • Diffused hostile situations 
  • Escaped their hands

No comments:

Post a Comment