Pages

Pages

Monday, November 28, 2022

John 6 (Part 3) Preparing you Heart (John 6:26-35)

 As you start you week, take time to consider 4 points Jesus lays out in John 6:22-35.

1-John 6:25-27,  Food that Perishes
John 6:27, Do not work for food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life.

2-John 6:28-29, The Works of God
John 6:29, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

3-John 6:30-33, What Sign do You do?
John 6:33, For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.

4-John 6:34-35, I am the Bread of Life
John 6:35, I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst

Questions to consider could be, 
  • Do I focus too much on “food that perishes”?
  • When I try to work for God’s approval is it in step with doing what Jesus instructs this audience to focus on in the area of doing a work that God would approve of?
  • What sign is it that convinces you that Jesus is from God and His words and instructions are valid?
  • What does Jesus mean when He says “I am the Bread”? 
  • What does He mean when He adds the concept of Bread of Life?
Take some time to consider this section of this weekends text by Wednesday, so you will be ready to consider the gravity of what Jesus says next in John 6:36-40. Thursday, we will focus a brief portion of our personal study time towards 5 points Jesus makes in this part of the text.

Hope you all have a great week. 









No comments:

Post a Comment