Sunday, November 5, 2023

Overview of John Chapters 13-17

 (Part 3)

John 13:1-38 

  1. John 13:1-20, (7/2/23) 
    • Jesus Washes the Disciples’ Feet
    • Peter’s Response
    • Predicts Judas Betrayal
  2. John 13:21-38, (7/9/23) 
    • The Dipping of Bread
    • A New Commandment
    • Foretells Peter’s Denial

John 14:1-31 

  1. John 14:1-11, (7/16/23) 
    • I go the prepare a place for you
    • Thomas and Philip’s Questions
  2. John 14:15-31, (7/23/23) 
    • Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

John 15:1-27 

  1. John 15:1-5, (7/30/23) 
    • I am the True Vine
  2. John 15:6-17, (8/6/23)

  3. John 15:18-16:4, (8/13/23) 
    • The Hatred of the World

John 16:1-33 

  1. John 16:4-15, (8/20/23) 
    • The Work of the Holy Spirit
  2. John 16:16-24, (8/27/23) 
    • The “Little While” Confusion
    • Example of a Woman Giving Birth 
  3. John 16:25-33, (9/3/23) 
    • Speaking Plainly no more Figurative Speech
    • All of You will be scattered and leave Me all alone

John 17:1-26 

  1. John 17:1-10, (9/10/23) 
    • The Glory of Jesus before the world existed
    • Praying for the ones the Father has given to the Son
    • I am not praying for the world
  2. John 17:11-19, (9/24/23) 
    • While I was with them I kept them in your name
    • They are not of the world because they have accepted Your word
    • Sanctify them with your word that is truth
  3. John 17:20-26, (10/1/23) 
    • For those who will believe in Me through their word

No comments:

Post a Comment