Sunday, March 12, 2023
John 10:1-21
10.1, The Door
- Enter by the Door, (1-6)
- How does someone become a part of God’s Family?
- How does one prove himself to be a Good Shepherd?
- In what way that One cares for the sheep is it pleasing to God?
- The one who climbs in by another way that man is a thief and a robber
- The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep
- To Him the gatekeeper opens
- The Sheep hear His voice and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out
- His Sheep follow Him for they know His voice
- A Stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know their voice
- They did not understand what He was saying to them, Jesus spokes in figuratives of speech
- I am the Door, (7-10)
- Where is the Door?
- All who came before me are thieves and robbers
- But the Sheep did not listen to them
- If anyone enters through Me, He will be saved
- They will go in and out and find pasture
- The Thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy
- I came that they may have life and have it abundantly
10.2, The Good Shepherd
- I Care for My Sheep, (11-13)
- The Good Shepherd is not a Hireling
- He who is a hired hand does not own the sheep, he sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees
- The wolf snatches them and scatters them
- He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing about the sheep
- I Know My Sheep, (14-16)
- I know my own and my own know me
- Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father
- I lay my life down for the sheep
- I have other sheep that are not of the fold. I must bring them also,
- They will listen to my voice, so there will be one flock, one shepherd
- I Lay Down My Life for the Sheep, (17-18)
- This is why the Father loves me
- I lay down my life that I may take it up again
- No one takes it from me
- I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again
- This Charge I have received by My Father
The Response
- There was Division, (19-21)
- He is a Demon and Insane, why listen to Him
- These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon
- Can a demon open the eyes of the blind
No comments:
Post a Comment